Opal™ Web Application Framework
- Mature – Ten years of improvement and innovation has produced a framework that is comprehensive, highly productive and produces better results. Opal contains all of the key technologies required to deliver rich-UI, highly interactive, browser-based applications.
- Productive – Building highly sophisticated applications becomes simple by using an advanced set of development patterns and shared components that cut most of the grunt work out of application design and implementation process.
- Sophisticated - Without using any external technologies, Opal produces beautiful, sophisticated, usable browser-delivered applications that earn rave reviews from users.
- Comprehensive – Full handling of all aspects of modern, browser-delivered applications including:
- 100% AJAX enabled
- Authentication and session management
- High degree of separation of concerns, componentization and re-use of code
- Object-oriented, component-driven client architecture with inter-object messaging.
- Sophisticated GUI component library (tree views, dialogs, tab controls, field controls, calendars, help system, sortable/groupable tables, OLAP-based query tools).
- Database persistence/transaction layer with client-side data binding, and native, server-side transaction-level triggers – compatible with all known relational databases.
- Client-side and server-side caching
- Email integration components
- Integrated client and server debugging tools
- Multiple application handling on a single server
- Native web service integration capability
- In-code documentation and generation tools
- Built on a foundation of powerful open-source technologies.